Sunday, June 19, 2011

Looking back on our trip, adding a merged photo album

River Wharfe, sunny spell on the way to Burnsall

He said:
We have been home now for almost 2 weeks, having mostly, but not fully, recovered from whatever bug we had caught somewhere in Yorkshire.  In the last few days, I look back happily on our trip as I constructed and merged the panoramic and HDR photos I had taken.  I was reminded of the brief, but wonderful sunny spells we enjoyed just after, or just before the rain, showers, drizzle, and drab.  I was reminded of the wind, quite strong at times, that gave us such refreshing and clear air, while at times almost blowing us over.  I thought of the changes to the Wharfe as we walked nearer to its source, happy in the thought that the river, and the surrounding area is protected from development as part of the Yorkshire Dales National Park.


The upper reaches of Wharfedale after a shower

Photography, as I practice it, does not fully convey the feeling of gray, soggy days in a way to make the viewer really feel as we did.  But that soggy day hiking up boggy trails does lead to our happy stay for the night, even those days are to be celebrated.

Here is the link to the merged photo album:

No comments:

Post a Comment